There is a shelter house, playground, restrooms, and fishing dock located there.
This property was obtained in 1916 from G.W. Patterson and his wife, Mary E. Patterson, for a total of $1,050.00.
Ludlow Park is the homesite of Worthington's first settler, G.J. Hoffman who started a lakeshore orchard. The park is named in honor of Horace J. Ludlow, who purchased the Hoffman homestead in 1875 and developed the Okabena apple.
Until [?] the only area that was developed was the portion between the lakeshore and the road which had picnic tables and a fishing dock.
A shelterhouse was added on the South portion in [?]
A permanent restroom was added on the South portion in [?]
A camper dumping station was added at the intersection of 1st Ave SW and S. Shore Dr. [?]
Playground equipment installed in 2008.
NOTES: Some of the history is from archives of the Worthington City Government and used by permission. The [?] marks denote information still being saught
To offer suggestions for improvement, or to report a need or problem, contact the Park Department.
Questions, needs, and issues on Design or Function should be addressed to the Webmaster@wgtn.net
Designed by Rohrer & Associates © 2013