Cherry Point park has playground equipment and a basketball hoop for one-on-one play.
There is some room for frisbee and other light catch games.
This land was obtained from Karl G. and Agnes S. Dirks and John W. and Laura C. Dirks, by warranty deed, in May, 1947, for $1,600.00.
The name comes from the Cherry Point Park Subdivision in which it is located.
It, also, derives its name from the choke cherry trees which once grew there.
NOTES: Some of the history is from archives of the Worthington City Government and used by permission. The [?] marks denote information still being saught